Monday, July 23, 2007

The only constant is change...

Well, my one-time development partner started a "paying job" today so it is somewhat less crowded at BearBlu Software's HQ. I guess the biggest issue for me is that I have to pick up the things he was doing as well as continue the fit-n-finish of the application.

Today I am going to focus on UI Usability. Gone are the "good-old-days" of text-based client/server UIs. Today it is Ajax/Javascript if you want to have a serious web application. I have spent some time absorbing this technology and still I am just scratching the surface. In-line edits and drop-down selectors are not difficult to deploy; I even added a real-time digital clock and date field but I am sure there could be so much more given the time to explore.

But today.... Today I want to focus on the UI customization to allow users to use labels that work for them. I have looked for a Rails Recipe but did not find one. I guess I'll have to roll my own.

No comments: